Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm a Dirty Girrrrlll

Today I ventured out from the shiny veneer of nice, clean track racing and in to the rough and tumble world of mountain biking, short track mountain biking that is.
I haven't raced on a mountain bike in over a year, and my first lap did really make me want to race a mountain bike, but after I got a few bike handling errors out the way in my warm up I did just fine.
I didn't really have in mishaps during the race, except that I did go off course, possibly costing me a win. But I'll never know whether or not I would've beat my competitor tonight had that not happened. So I'm perfectly satisfied with tonight's second place.

2 comments:

A.R. said...

Dirty Fig! I'm telling everyone that the little elitist roadie was on a mountain bike, shock and horror!

Fiona Graham said...

I am not a roadie. I have not done a single weekend road race all year.