Friday, August 29, 2008

I Wanna Live in an EARTHSHIP!!!!!


Yes, I said earthship.

I'm sure many of you already know what an earthship is, I have for a few years, but for those of that don't:

"An Earthship refers to a passive solar home made of natural and recycled materials. Designed and marketed by Earthship Biotecture of Taos, NM, the homes are primarily constructed of earth-filled tires, utilising thermal mass construction to naturally regulate indoor temperature. Earthships are a type of off-grid home, which minimizes their reliance on public utilities and fossil fuels." -Wiki



Cool, no?

I know this is a cycling blog and this really doesn't have anything to do with cycling, but I think the earthship is a great idea, and a step in the right direction. I'm not saying everyone should live in house made of recycled bottles, even though that'd be cool, but it would cost way less money to convert all of America to solar power than what we've spent on the war in Iraq. And that's kind of my point.

Earthship listings

No comments: