Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nationals

I'm sure everyone is wondering what in the world is going on down here.
Well, I've had just about the worst luck anyone could ever have.
my 200 was fine, I qualified easily for the sprints, but the 1/8 final, not so fine.
The girl I was paired with had never done match sprints before and my plan was to take her all the way to the rail then jump out of corner 3.
Well, I'm taking her up, and taking her up, and then she tries to take me back down, but I don't budge, which resulted in this. Which eventually resulted in this. Which resulted in grumpy officials.

And the 500 was just a disaster. My stomach hurt very badly shortly before my race, I ended up in the bathroom vomiting. Then they were doing it in heats of 2. Well I was on the back stretch. Then, double gun. The girl on the front stretch false started, which was unfortunate because my start was perfect. Ok, no problem, I can do that start again. I did do that start again. I get to the corner and BANG BANG! What? Did she false start AGAIN?! No, she
crashed. By the time I got around to my third start my legs were shaking so much I couldn't keep the bike straight... It was horrible. Today finally starts the stuff I like, so maybe it'll be a lot better.

1 comment:

redshoes said...

That sounds terrible! Why would they pair you with someone who had never done that event before?
I hope you have better luck today.

Fiona