Tuesday, July 29, 2008

F•S•A Gran Prix

Photobucket

Wow, sorry this took me so long, but I've been busy, busy, busy!

FSA was absolutely amazing. I am so glad that the promoter let me race. (the flyer said 17+)


Even though I was restricted to an 86" gear I managed some decent results .
My first race, the 3k pursuit sucked. It was so early in the morning, and that track is not fun for time trials. It's sooooo long and the corners go on forever, it just lulls you to sleep. And the fact that I had close to no warm up did not help at all.

The points race that night was soooo much better. I came in 16/26 in the elite women's field. Our average speed was 25 miles an hour and our max was 32. I was spinning really, really fast.

Saturday morning I slept in and skipped my 500. That evening I had 3 races.
First was the scratch race, which was my best finish. I got 14/32 starters.
Then there was this miss n' out in which I got 19/27. Those aren't really my thing.
Last but not least, I did the madison with Devon Simpson, a jr rider from Washington and we came in 8th.
Here are some pictures from the Madison from wheelsinfocus.com:
Me (this pic does not look right)
My partner

Full Women's Results

No comments: