Monday, May 26, 2008

Albany

The race kind of sucked for me.
I did the juniors and Wes Fitzsimmons attacked from the very first pedal stroke. I ended up in a chase group with one other rider. For the longest time it looked like we were going to catch them but that never happened. I ended up with 6th place, and getting scored as a junior boy...
My second race was greatly affected by a few things that happened prior to my race, but I was doing well for most of the race, I was third or fourth wheel almost the entire and then my tire blew when I was forced to take a funky line around the corner. A large shard of metal had pierced my tire in multiple places. I run back to the pit to get my spare wheels. Well no one seems to be able to get the wheel in, and Peter Drake oh so kindly lent me one of his. It took two laps to get my wheel changed and when my bike was finally ready to go the women were coming around the corner. I hopped on my bike and tagged on to the back of the group. I sat there for a while. The cassette on the rear I was using was much different than my own. The gear I was in was either to small or too big, I opted for too small. I sat in the back just spinning away for a few laps, then with 3 to go I started moving my way up. I was in a perfect position for the sprint but my legs I had nothing. I blew up only a few meters from the finish, ending up with a dissapointing 11th place.

No comments: