Friday, May 16, 2008

Thursday Night Track; Pursuits

I arrived at the track, aero bars already on my bike. Phil gave me wheels, I put my racing gear on my bike and then went to warm up. I only got about a half hour on the track, but I was in the 7th pair, so I still had plenty of time. I hopped on my rollers and continued my warm up.
They ran through all the 2ks, and then it was us. We were the first 3k pair. I got the joy of starting on the front straight, in to the head wind. Despite this I had what I feel was a good start. I soon began to make up space on my opponent, but it didn't look like I was going to catch my opponent. Until my last lap. I caught my opponent on the final lap, on my finishing straight, my opponent only had a half a lap to go. My apologies for the rude timing. I posted a time of 4.51.59, a personal record by 3 seconds, making my average speed 23.0611 mph.
[Note: all times are unofficial]

No comments: