Saturday, May 10, 2008

Track Cleanup/Friday Night Racing

The track looks fabulous again.
It has a nice new paint job, though sadly not as many people showed up as on the first track clean up day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We were running late that night, I did not get in a proper warm up. Something was loose on my rear wheel, causing me much delay. Turns out I didn't race it. I raced my training wheel instead. After a quite short and insufficient warm up I did a very slow 200 meter. The way I rode it was fine, the line I picked was fine, so what was the problem? Turns out my front tire wasn't holding any air. So after a performance that fell flat I ended using a training wheel for my front also.
There were three people in my category for sprints so I ended up getting a by the first round. The next round however I was up against Nissy Cobb. Unfortunately our sprint was only two laps long, as we were running out of daylight, throwing a wrench in all my sprint strategies. I pulled second position, I didn't really know what to do so I just sat on Nissy's wheel. But that didn't really work.
My second sprint with Bill Alsup, I think could've won, if I would've jumped instead of letting him do that. That too was only two laps. But I'm sure they'll both be there next week, and hopefully we'll have three laps.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You might also want to check out the video bar I added!!

No comments: